AI Driven Solutions - Real World Case Study
1. AI Driven Forecasting, Managing, & Distributing
- Huge amount of online orders
- Frequent urgent shipments
- Constant labor shortage
- Demand Forecast Analysis
- Increase inbound/outbound shipment forecast accuracy from 75% to 95%
- Picking Configuration System
- Save 53% time and 71% distance
- Route Planning System
- Shorten order processing time
- AI Picker (Digital Assistant)
- Less time spent & less paper waste
2. AI Driven High-density High Speed Shuttle Rack System
- Labor shortage
- Warehousing has been traditionally labor-intensive industry, estimated 50~70% labor; 60% time, 65% expense, and often marked by large error range, low efficiency.
- Increased demand on shorter response time from retailers and consumers
- AI High-density Warehouse/Inventory System
- AI algorithm conducts complex network flow planning to improve the sorting speed on millions of items.
- Allow products for the same order in different sorting areas (large & small cargo areas) to arrive at the shipping area at the same time
3. Cold Chain Tracking/Control System and Equipment
Distribution Tracking & Quality Management
Product Types/Temperature Traceability
Cooling Equipment Managing
Trucking Schedule Management
4. Cold Hold Items Temperature Control Tracking Platform
- Difficult to control temperature, frequent errors on temperature settings, poorly conditioned facilities, harmful environmental impact, cold-hold required temperature loss, and incomplete order processing
- Cooling requirement of certain temperature for different products varies and it needs to be maintained systematically
- 24/7 real-time temperature updates
- Cold-Hold control in transit and storage
- Immediate signal irregular condition
- Sensor controlled tracking and warning
- Instant information should error occurs
- GPS signal tracking
5. High Speed Scanning for Measuring Size & Weight
- High cost of importing ready-to-use measuring device
- Labor shortage
- Using manual or semi-automatic measuring devices yields low efficiency, very time-consuming, labor-intensive and has large errors.
- Instantly measure the volume and weight on a conveyor belt running at a high speed
- Adopt image recognition (1st generation) and advanced linear optical sensing technology (2nd generation)
- Record objects information and run computation
- Meet the need of EC for rapid mass sorting/measurement
- Give precise freight information and increase efficiency by 300%+
6. Intelligent AGV System for Open Space Warehouse
- Goods in logistics centers are often piled up and messy. It takes time to look for or sort goods.
- The personnel need to confirm the distribution area of each item manually before sort out each item one by one.
- It is difficult for Ground-type AGV to locate and carry goods.
- Intelligent Automated Guided Vehicle (iAGV)
- Adapt to temporary obstacles on the ground
- Have a circulation engine that optimizes computation and avoid, which greatly improves efficiency
- Ceiling Navigation System, the world’s first with global patent
- Completed patent filing; win ICT Month Innovative Elite 2018
7. Platform & Stations Sharing
- With rapid growth of eCommerce and a low first-time delivery rate, 10% of home parcels based on 100,000/day, need second time delivery
- Numerous incomplete deliveries due to various reasons
- Temporary parking in populated area causes extra expenses due to parking tickets.
- Shared Intelligent Pickup Service Platform across entire region
- With 24hr service, intelligent pickup stations support businesses that close early
- Promote the mix of pickup, sale, and display storage Introduce convenient shared sites among more communities
- Reduce vehicle parking and delivery time and improve personnel and traffic safety
- Increase the flexibility of delivery and billing
- Highly volatility of demand from downstream retailers
- Various restrictions on delivery time
- Frequent changes of delivery routes
- Scheduling process is 65% shortened by using AI Driven Routing System (iRouting)
- Complete distribution scheduling service – vehicle scheduling, route planning, scheduling for 10,000 delivery points
- Shift the focus from driver experience to autonomous control
- Balanced route/shipments/points, work and rest, legal working hours Improve the distribution efficiency by 20%
- Reduce the delivery error from ±1 hour to ±10 minutes
- Reduce costs by 30%+
- Supply and demand information is not transparent. Outbound vehicles are about 2/3 of inbound vehicles; the empty rate of returning vehicles is about 1/2; the average loading rate of shipments in some areas is low.
- Unable to plan for re-schedule caused by often changed circumstances during weekends or holidays
- Low and inconsistent investment in cold-hold transport and storage equipment
- Urban Logistics Sharing Platform - Match supply and demand to improve resource utilization, efficiency increased by 20%
- Systematically guiding logistic companies toward transportation equipment sharing
- Integrate small and medium cargo carriers to improve the overall quality of cold chain logistics service
- Instantly report on traffic status; increase the vehicle loading rate; reduce carbon emissions by 20% and logistics costs by 17%
10. Vertical Cross Belt Sorting System for Large Quantity Items
- Picking time accounts for 60% delivery time, and 70% of manpower
- Lack of manpower, high error rate, low efficiency
- Region’s first visually vertical Cross Belt Sorter
- Have a distribution system with ultra-high speed, small occupancy, and high elasticity
- Ergonomic Smart Automated Sorting
- Create a good working environment and reduce turnover
- Reduce the demand for labor by 65% from 70 hires down to 22
- Significantly increasing the sorting speed from 3,600 pieces/hour to 12,000 pieces/hour
- Manually schedule and confirm distribution orders by workers’ often unreliable experience
- Unplanned extra time spent during delivery
- Repeated manual input of changed schedule due to traffic jams or other problems
- Search maps or ask people for directions
- 2nd-time distribution is time consuming.
- Manually input confirmation and status after delivery
- Daily vehicle scheduling time is reduced by 30 minutes.
- Time to check the recipient address of a delivery is saved by 2 minutes. Given about 150 deliveries per day and 50% of the recipient addresses that are repeated or adjusted, 1~2 hours can be saved.
- If the hourly salary is $20 per labor,$50 can be saved per day, total $ 12,500 can be saved for each labor hired per year , based on 250 working days a year.